DCT is defined by the TVET Law, Article 12:
“DCT is the learning in two locations: in schools, theory will be learned and basic practice will be trained, in labour units1 mainly practice will be trained.”
This is further specified by the Ministerial Decision No. 8819 dated 08.12.2016 of the Minister of Education and Sports and the respective DCT Concept and Implementation Framework 2016-2020.
Besides the training in two training locations the implementation of DCT requires:
- Sign a MoU between the respective vocational training provider and the enterprise(s);
- Jointly develop the occupational standard, curriculum, teaching and learning materials;
- Train teachers, trainers and coordinators of the TVET institute and the company;
- Jointly select the students for the DCT program;
- Sign the contract between trainee and company;
- Jointly implement teaching, examination, testing, and certification and monitor and evaluate the program.
DCT programs should of at least 2 years duration and at C3 or higher level.