Besides the training in two training locations the implementation of DCT requires:
- Sign a MoU between the respective vocational training provider and the enterprise(s);
- Jointly develop the occupational standard, curriculum, teaching and learning materials;
- Train teachers, trainers and coordinators of the TVET institute and the company;
- Jointly select the students for the DCT program;
- Sign the contract between trainee and company;
- Jointly implement teaching, examination, testing, and certification and monitor and evaluate the program.
DCT programs should of at least 2 years duration and at C3 or higher level.